Make a Strawberry Frappuccino in minutes! This delectable Starbucks copycat recipe is creamy, cool, and refreshing. Top it all off with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a fresh strawberry.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Frappuccino Recipe
- Quick & easy. All you need is a blender and a couple of minutes to whip up one of these luscious strawberry creme frappuccinos. Pour into a fun glass, and add whipped cream on top. That’s it!
- Uses simple ingredients. Starbucks makes their frappuccinos with a base syrup that acts like a thickener and adds creaminess to the drinks. You can make a DIY base syrup at home with water, sugar, and xanthan gum powder…. OR you could just use ice cream, which achieves the same results. Does that make this drink a bit like a milkshake? Yes. But it also happens to be a pretty spot-on copycat.
- Creamy & flavorful. The ice cream adds a delightful creaminess, while fresh berries, vanilla extract, and maple syrup add layers of flavor. Whenever I say I am making strawberries and cream frappuccinos everyone in my family gets excited!
Tips & Variation Ideas
- Make it vegan. If you would like to make a vegan strawberry frappuccino simply substitute the ice cream for coconut milk ice cream, then use coconut milk, and coconut whipped cream.
- Add a strawberry swirl. Want to add even more strawberry flavor? You can drizzle homemade strawberry sauce along the bottom and sides of the glass before pouring in the strawberry frappuccino mixture. This technique is similar to what you can see in this Mudslide drink.
- Adjust the thickness. The amount of milk and ice you’ll need will depend upon how much juice there is in your strawberries. So if your frappuccino is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it is too thin, add more ice. Blend between additions so that you can see where things are and adjust accordingly.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
I personally don’t recommend using frozen strawberries because they usually don’t have as much flavor as berries that are in season. In a pinch, you can use frozen berries, but be sure to adjust the amount of ice used (you won’t need much) and you may need to modify how much maple syrup is added to adjust the sweetness.
Does A Strawberry Frappuccino Have Coffee In It?
There is no coffee in a strawberry frappuccino. This is an easy, caffeine-free drink that everyone in the family can enjoy!
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes to Try
- Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
- Honey Vanilla Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
This Strawberry Frappuccino recipe comes together in minutes using simple ingredients. It’s creamy, cool, refreshing and perfect for summer sipping.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries (about 1 pint) + 3-4 strawberries for garnish
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups ice
- Whipped cream, for serving
Blend. Add the ice cream, milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, diced strawberries and 1 1/2 cups of ice to a blender. Blend until smooth. If you want your frappuccino to be thicker, you can add more ice 1/4 cup at a time. If it is too thick, you can thin it out with additional milk.
Serve. Pour into tall glasses and top with a generous amount of whipped. Add strawberries on top, either whole if you like to pick them up and bite them with whipped cream on them, sliced, or diced.
Last Step:Please share a rating and comment if you enjoyed this recipe! Your feedback helps this little blog thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Keywords: strawberry frappuccino, strawberry frappuccino starbucks, strawberry creme frappuccino, strawberries and cream frappuccino