This Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake is creamy, rich, and totally luscious. A simple graham cracker crust is filled with creamy vanilla cheesecake, then topped with strawberry crunch topping. Serve this gorgeous summer dessert with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe
- Decadent & flavorful. This cheesecake is so creamy, rich, and delicious. We’ll add the topping from my strawberry crunch cake towards the end to add strawberry flavor and a delightful crunch.
- Easy. Despite the impressive results, this cheesecake is simple to make. The recipe follows basic cheesecake techniques to help ensure a perfectly baked cheesecake every time.
- Elegant. If you’re looking for an impressive dessert to serve at a get-together, this cheesecake is a contender! It is similar to these strawberry shortcake ice cream bars, which also combine a creamy center with a crunchy strawberry topping.
What is a Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake?
This impressive dessert is the cheesecake version of a Strawberry Crunch Cake. Both recipes combine crunchy vanilla cookies with strawberry Jell-O and melted butter to make a simple yet flavorful topping.
However, instead of putting the strawberry crunchies on top of a frosted strawberry cake, in this recipe we are adding to the top of a vanilla cheesecake. The contrast between the creamy cheesecake and crunchy topping is totally irresistible!
How to Make Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
Are you ready to make this cheesecake? Here’s a quick overview. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for ingredients and detailed instructions.
- Preheat your oven and make the graham cracker crust. Combine the crust ingredients, then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake. Place the crust in the oven and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Then add the eggs one at a time, beating between additions. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. It’s important to not over-beat this mixture to prevent bubbles from forming. The consistency should be quite thin.
- Bake. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared crust. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the edges are set, but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the heat and open the oven doors. But let the cheesecake remain in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Chill. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 8 hours, or overnight, to set.
- Make the strawberry crunch topping. Combine crumbled cookies with the jello mix and melted butter. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes until crunchy. Set aside to cool completely.
- Serve. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Garnish the cheesecake with strawberry crunchies. Slice and serve the cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Tips For Success
- Crushing the graham crackers and cookies. You can use a food processor or a ziplock back and a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers for the crust and the cookies for the topping.
- Use softened cream cheese. Let your cream cheese come to room temperature before making the filling. If you use cold cream cheese you’ll end up with lumps in your cheesecake filling.
- Don’t rush the chill time. It takes a while for homemade cheesecake to firm up enough to get clean slices like you see here. Once the cheesecake has cooled, let it chill in the fridge for a least 4 hours. Overnight is better!
- Press the topping into the cheesecake. Gently press the crunchies into the top of your cheesecake to make sure they stick to each slice.
- Topping ideas. In addition to whipped cream and fresh strawberries, you can also serve this strawberry crunch cheesecake with maple whipped cream, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
How to Store This Cheesecake
- Fridge. You can keep your cheesecake in the fridge for up to 4 days. Cover it with saran wrap, or cut it into slices and transfer the slices to an airtight container. The topping may lose some of its crunch over time, but your cheesecake will still be tasty.
- Freezing. Want to freeze your cheesecake? You can do that too! I recommend first freezing the cheesecake until solid by placing it in the freezer uncovered. Once it has frozen solid, cover it tightly with saran wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. It will keep for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
More Strawberry Desserts to Try
- Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Blueberry Mostachon
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
And if you’re looking for more easy cheesecake recipes to try, check out this churro cheesecake!Print
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
This strawberry crunch cheesecake recipe combines creamy vanilla cheesecake with a strawberry crunch topping. Easy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
For the Crust:
- 2 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 24 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cups shortbread cookies, crushed (or Golden Oreos, or graham crackers)
- 1 package (3 oz) strawberry jello
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
Make the graham cracker crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, creating an even crust.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven and set aside to cool.
Make the cheesecake
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the cream, sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients. It’s important to not over beat the mixture to prevent bubbles from forming. The consistency should be quite thin.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared crust.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the edges are set, but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the heat and open the oven doors, but let the cheesecake remain in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate it for at least 8 hours, or overnight, to set.
Make the strawberry crunch topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crumbled cookies with strawberry jello and melted butter.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 7-8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
Slice and serve
- Prior to serving, remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Spread the strawberry crunchies on top, pressing down gently.
- Slice and serve the cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Last Step:Please share a rating and comment if you enjoyed this recipe! Your feedback helps this little blog thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Keywords: strawberry crunch cheesecake, strawberry crunch, strawberry crunch topping, strawberry cheesecake crunch