Make the Strawberry Crunch Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crumbled cookies with strawberry jello and melted butter.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 7-8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
Make the Strawberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter until smooth, then add sugar and eggs, and beat until fluffy, for about 2-3 minutes on high speed.
- Pour in half and half, jello, and beat until combined. In a separate large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting & Assemble the Cake
- Beat the butter and sweetened condensed milk together on high speed for approximately 5-7 minutes until it appears lightened in color and fluffy.
- Then, add the softened cream cheese gradually, one tablespoon at a time, while mixing on medium-high speed. Beat for an additional 3 minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth with no lumps.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake’s top, then sprinkle the crunch topping over the frosting.
- Chill the cake for at least 1 hour to allow the frosting to firm up.
- Once the frosting has set, slice and serve! I recommend topping each piece of cake with fresh strawberry slices.