This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This oven roasted broccoli recipe takes minutes to put together and makes flavorful, tender-crisp broccoli. It’s a great recipe for busy weeknights and goes with pretty much any main dish.
We all need easy side dishes we can throw together in moments. Right? This is one of those recipes. It’s the one I turn to on those days when I forgot to plan dinner and need a quick side to go with whatever main I’m throwing together at the last minute. It goes with pasta, pizza, Chinese food, Indian food, you name it.
Despite its simplicity, this recipe is super tasty. In fact more than once I’ve made it when I was having people over for dinner and they exclaimed over how good it is. The first few times this happened I was completely taken aback because this recipe is ridiculously simple. But hey, if it’s good, it’s good!
Why You’ll Love this Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Simple ingredients. You’ll only need a few simple things to make this roasted broccoli recipe, all of which I’m pretty sure you already have in your kitchen.
- Easy to make. This recipe comes together in moments and then goes into the oven to roast while you make the rest of your meal.
- Healthy. Broccoli has lots of vitamins, fiber, and even protein!
Is Broccoli Healthy?
Yes! Broccoli is healthy and high in many nutrients including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also has more protein than many other kinds of vegetables. According to Healthline, broccoli can also help lower cholesterol, supports eye health, and may even have cancer-fighting benefits.
Tips for Success
- Stir halfway through. Halfway through the roasting time give the broccoli a quick stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. This ensures that it cooks evenly.
- Add some heat. When I make this recipe for myself I like to add about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes, depending on how spicy I’m feeling. I leave this out when I cook for my family because they prefer their broccoli without the heat.
- Serve immediately. Roasted broccoli is best when it is served immediately. You can certainly save extras to reheat later, but they won’t have the same crispness after being stored and reheated.
What Goes with Roasted Broccoli?
These are the ways I most often use roasted broccoli as part of a last-minute meal:
- On the side with orange tofu, maple tofu, or general tso tofu, plus some Instant Pot steamed rice.
- Mixed in with spicy noodles, plus some air fryer spring rolls on the side.
- Served with homemade pizza and a salad.
- You can also add roasted broccoli to pretty much any kind of salad.
- And it goes well with most pasta dishes. Tuscan chicken pasta and goat cheese pasta are two quick recipes that go well with roasted broccoli.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Let the broccoli cool to room temperature, then store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave on a microwave-safe dish until heated through, which is usually about 1 min 30 seconds. Note the broccoli will lose some of its crispness when it is stored and reheated.Print
This easy roasted broccoli recipe takes minutes to put together and makes flavorful, tender-crisp broccoli. It’s a great recipe for busy weeknights and goes with pretty much any main dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 12 oz bag of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional, if you want some heat
Prep your tools. Preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
Trim broccoli. Inspect the broccoli florets and cut off any areas that have discoloration.
Mix ingredients. Place broccoli in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. If you are using red pepper flakes add them along with everything else. Mix well.
Roast. Spread the broccoli on your prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, mixing the broccoli around a bit with a spoon halfway through the roasting time. The broccoli is done when the stems are tender and the crowns are a little crispy.
Serve. Immediately serve with your main dish.
Keywords: roasted broccoli recipe, oven roasted broccoli