This Pomegranate Maple Cosmopolitan drink is sweetened with pure Vermont maple syrup. It’s an easy cocktail recipe with gorgeous colors and incredible flavor!
This Pomegranate Cosmopolitan is my husband’s latest cocktail. Let me tell you, this drink is so good! He made it for me on Mother’s Day, when on a whim I said a cosmopolitan sure would hit the spot. After taking a sip, I immediately requested the recipe. I was definitely going to want to drink this again.
What Makes This Cosmopolitan So Good?
So what made me fall in love with this cosmo recipe? Let me count the ways:
- The gorgeous color. This pomegranate cosmo has a deep, ruby red hue that is a feast for the eyes.
- It’s EASY. All you have to do is put everything in a cocktail shaker with ice. Give it a good shake, then pour into your glass.
- It has the perfect amount of sweetness. Although a classic cosmopolitan doesn’t have sweetener, adding maple syrup to this drink rounds out the flavors and makes everything pop. (We are not the only ones to think this, it’s a thing with martinis!)
And then of course there is the fact that the hubs made this drink for me just because I mentioned wanting a cocktail. What’s not to love about that? Major points my man.
How to Make a Cosmo
The idea of making a cosmopolitan at home may sound fancy. But you’ll only need a few ingredients and hardly any effort is required. Here how to do it:
Gather Your Ingredients & Tools
- Vodka – We use Absolut but any brand works.
- Pomegranate Juice – We used POM. A classic cosmopolitan uses cranberry juice and can have a slightly lighter color.
- Cointreau – This is a kind of orange-flavored triple sec liqueur.
- Lemon or orange juice – We have used both, and both versions are good. I might have a slight preference for the orange juice version.
- Vermont pure maple syrup – Don’t use the fake stuff for your cosmopolitan drink! You could also use simple syrup.
- Ice – This is just for chilling your drink while you make it.
- Lime peel or slice – For garnish, if you want.
- Cocktail shaker – To mix your drink. But, if you want to do like we did in grad school, you can also use a mason jar with a lid. Straining your drink will be a bit more tricky with the mason jar, but it’s definitely doable.
- Martini glass – For serving, but really any shape will do. Let’s not miss a good drink because of formalities.
Make Your Cosmopolitan Drink
Put the vodka, pomegranate juice, Cointreau, orange juice and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until the drink is cold, about 15-20 seconds.
Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime peel or lime slice if you want!
More Cocktail Drinks
I’m still working on adding all our favorites to this site, especially my husband’s Tequila Sunrise. In the meantime, this is our favorite Frozen Strawberry Margarita recipe!Print
Pomegranate Maple Cosmopolitan
This Pomegranate Maple Cosmo is sweetened with pure Vermont maple syrup. It’s an easy cocktail recipe with gorgeous colors and incredible flavor!
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1.5 ounce pomegranate juice
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice or orange juice
- 1 tsp pure Vermont maple syrup or simple syrup
- Lime (optional garnish)
Add the vodka, pomegranate juice, Cointreau, orange juice and maple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds to chill your drink.
Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime slice or peel if desired.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar with a lid instead.
- If you don’t have a martini class, just serve this in whatever glass you have on hand. 🙂
Keywords: cosmopolitan drink, pomegranate cocktails