Loved a recipe? Have a question? Please share a comment. 🙂
This creamy no-churn Oreo ice cream is so easy to make! You’ll only need 4 ingredients and ten minutes to make this simple homemade ice cream recipe. What are you waiting for?
Homemade ice cream may seem intimidating, but it’s so easy with these no churn recipes that I encourage you to give it a try. No churn means that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make creamy, refreshing ice cream right in your own kitchen. And the best part? You can get super creative with your mix-ins and create your dream dessert in minutes. (Check out the variation ideas below!)
Why You’ll Love This Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
- Creamy and crunchy. The crushed Oreo cookies have a crunchy texture that’s totally irresistible with the creamy ice cream. There is tons of Oreo flavor in every bite!
- Easy to make. With only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, this ice cream recipe is insanely easy. You won’t even need an ice cream maker to do it.
How to Make Oreo Ice Cream
Here is a quick overview of how to make this no-churn Oreo ice cream recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- Prep the cookies. Put twenty cookies in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Chop 5 of the cookies with a knife so that you have bigger pieces to put on top of the ice cream.
- Make the ice cream base. Whip the heavy cream and vanilla to stiff peaks, then add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Add the crushed cookies. Stir gently to combine.
- Freeze. Transfer ice cream mixture to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and top the mixture the chopped cookies. You can also use a freezer-safe Tupperware container with a lid. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight before digging in.
Want to customize your Oreo ice cream with fun mix-in ideas? Here are some suggestions for things you could add:
Add with the crushed cookies:
You can add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup total of the following mix ins:
- Chocolate chips. Add white or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Brownie chunks. Break up brownies into small chunks and mix them into the ice cream. You can use regular homemade brownies, slutty brownies or even cosmic brownies!
- Marshmallows. Mix in some mini marshmallows, either white ones or multi color for extra fun.
- Nuts. Add chops pecans or walnuts, then mix them in for some extra crunch.
Add after the ice cream is poured into the loaf pan:
These additions would be swirled into the ice cream after you pour it into your loaf pan and before freezing it. You’ll need to adjust the amount used according to your preferences as it will vary depending on the end result you have in mind. 🙂
- Peanut butter. Add a few dollops of creamy or crunchy peanut butter.
- Caramel. Swirl store bought or homemade salted caramel sauce into your ice cream.
- Cookie dough. You can add dollops of edible cookie dough for the ultimate cookies and cream ice cream.
- Fudge. Swirl some fudge sauce into your ice cream.
Tips for Success
- Use full-fat cream. The higher the fat content, the creamier the ice cream will be. Use full-fat whipping cream for this recipe. (Half and half or milk will not work.)
- Be gentle with mix-ins. Whether you’re adding brownie chunks or swirls of fudge (see ideas above), make sure you are gentle when you incorporate additions into your ice cream.
- Let it thaw for a bit before serving. No churn ice cream can be quite hard when first taken out of the freezer, which is normal. Let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
How to Store Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
Transfer your ice cream to an airtight, freezer safe container with a lid and store it in the freezer for up to 30 days. I recommend covering the surface of the ice cream with a piece of plastic wrap to help prevent ice crystals from forming.
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Superman Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Spumoni Ice Cream
Oreo Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Oreo cookies
- Place 20 Oreo cookies in a zip bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs.
- Chop 5 cookies with a knife, they will be used on top of the ice cream.
- Using an electric mixer, or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk to the whipped heavy cream and mix on lowest speed for 15 seconds. You don't want to deflate the cream.
- Add crushed cookies and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to the freezer safe container. I used a baking tin lined with parchment paper but you can also use tupperware with a lid. Top with chopped cookies.
- Freeze overnight or for 8 hours.