Loved a recipe? Have a question? Please share a comment. 🙂
These mini pumpkin pastries are baked in a muffin tin and come together in a snap! You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make golden treats coated in cinnamon sugar and full of pumpkin spice flavor.
These pumpkin pastries are one of my go-to’s when I want to throw a treat together in the morning. They come together quickly and bake up into golden pastries full of autumn-y, pumpkin-y flavor. We usually eat them all in a day!
Why You’ll Love These Pumpkin Pastries
- Quick. It takes 10 minutes to put these pastries together. Then just bake until golden.
- Easy. They are so easy to make you almost don’t need a recipe.
- Simple ingredients. Puff pastry, pumpkin puree, sugar and spices. That’s all you’ll need, plus an egg for the egg wash.
- Lots of flavor. When finished, these golden pastries are perfectly crisp and coated with cinnamon sugar on the outside, yet tender and full of pumpkin flavor on the inside.
This recipe is so simple I wasn’t sure if it was worth sharing, but I made some of these pastries yesterday and decided to film a quick video showing you how to make them. It’s not a fancy video and the photos in this post are screenshots from the video, but I hope you enjoy watching it and try this recipe!
Please let me know in the comments if you enjoy informal, quick videos like this. If you do, I’ll make more of them. 🙂
Tips for Success
- Don’t be too rough with the puff pastry. Roll it out briefly, just enough to seal the seams and make them smoother.
- Wipe down the counter. Pumpkin filling will come out while you are twisting each pastry into a round. Wipe down the counter between each pastry so that the outsides don’t get coated in filling.
- Use PAM. Even if you are using a “nonstick” muffin in, it’s important to lightly spray your tin with PAM to prevent your pastries from sticking.
- How to reheat. These pastries are best eaten the same day, but you can store them in an airtight container for later. If you do, they will lose some of their crispness on the outside. You can reclaim some of this by briefly warming a pastry in an oven preheated to 200F for about 4-5 minutes.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Mini Pumpkin Pastries
- 2 sheets puff pastry, I used one Pepperidge Farms package
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup brown sugar, light or dark
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prep your tools. Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a muffin tin lightly with PAM.
- Make the pumpkin filling. Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar and spices. Mix well.
- Make cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Add the filling to the puff pastry. Roll out one sheet of puff pastry. Spread half pumpkin mixture over half it. Fold in half lengthwise.
- Cut and shape. Cut the folded puff pastry into 6 strips. Cut each strip in half length wise, leaving some of the pastry uncut at the top of the strip. Twist the strands together, then roll them around each other to form a circle. (Check out the video in the blog post to see how to do this.)
- Repeat for other sheet. Roll out, fill and shape the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Add the egg wash. Whisk 1 egg with 2 teaspoons water. Brush onto the pastries.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The pastries are done when they are light golden brown.