About Me: I have more than 20 years of cooking experience & share my favorite recipes on this blog.
Have a question? Please post a comment, I’m happy to help. 🙂
This Honey Vanilla Latte comes together in minutes and is full of honey and vanilla flavor. Top it with a generous amount of whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.
I love fancy coffee drinks that can be made at home in my PJs. Don’t you? I mean, I enjoy a good Starbucks beverage as much as anyone, but when the nearest one is over 30 min away it’s time to get creative in the kitchen. That’s where this recipe comes in!
Why You’ll Love this Honey Vanilla Latte
- Easy. This recipe is simple enough to make in the mornings. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment. Plus, it comes together quickly!
- Flavorful. I love the combination of honey and vanilla. You can really taste both in this latte.
- Flexible. Want to use oat milk instead of regular milk? Want to add more honey? Go for it.
You won’t need any fancy ingredients to make this recipe. Here’s a quick overview with my notes. Don’t forget to scroll down to the recipe card below for specific amounts.
- Coffee – Use whatever your preferred brand is. And yes, I realize a true latte is technically made with espresso but I don’t have an espresso machine and don’t want to buy one. 🙃
- Milk – I prefer whole milk, but you can use whatever kind of milk you like. Cow milk and plant-based milk work too, especially barista-type oat milk.
- Heavy Cream – You can also use half and half.
- Honey – Any kind of honey works.
- Vanilla Extract – Use pure extract, not imitation.
- Whipped cream – If you want to get really fancy you can use maple-vanilla whipped cream. I’m usually not motivated enough to do that in the morning though.
Can I Make This a Honey Oatmilk Latte?
Absolutely. To do this, simply substitute the milk and cream for your preferred brand of oat milk. My favorite kind is the Oatly brand barista milk. It froths up beautifully too if you have a frother.
How to Make a Honey Vanilla Latte
Are you ready to make a honey vanilla latte? It’s super easy! Here’s how to do it:
- Make the coffee. Brew coffee using 2 tablespoons of ground beans per 1 cup of filtered water.
- Warm the milk and cream. As the coffee finishes brewing, add the heavy cream to the milk, then gently heat the mixture on the stove top or in the microwave (about 30-40 seconds in the microwave).
- Assemble your drink. Add the honey and vanilla to a large mug, then add the hot milk, then the coffee. Stir well using the spoon you used to measure the honey.
- Serve. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Honey Vanilla Latte
- 1 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup hot milk, depending on your tastes. (I use 1/2 cup and my husband uses 3/4 cup.)
- 1 ½ tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey, be generous
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Make the coffee. Brew coffee using 2 tbs of ground beans per 1 cup of filtered water.
- Warm the milk and cream. As the coffee finishes brewing, add the heavy cream to the milk, then gently heat the mixture on the stovetop or in the microwave (about 30-40 seconds in the microwave).
- Assemble your drink. Add 1 tablespoon of the honey and the vanilla to a large mug. Add the hot milk mixture, then the coffee. Stir well using the spoon you used to measure the honey. Top with whipped cream. Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey on top.