This Gigi Hadid pasta is so easy to make and totally hits the spot when you’re craving a cozy pasta dinner. Also known as spicy vodka pasta, this creamy recipe is perfect with a slice of crusty bread.
If you’re in the mood for something creamy, cozy, and spicy, a big bowl of this Gigi Hadid pasta is just the thing. It’s easy to make with simple pantry ingredients and is super satisfying. We love adding a slice of crusty buttered bread on the side too!
Why You’ll Love This Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
- Easy. You won’t need any complicated cooking techniques to make this restaurant-quality pasta dish. If you can boil water and stir things in a pot, you can make this simple recipe.
- Flavorful. Creamy, rich, and spicy. Those are the best words to describe this delicious pasta recipe.
- Satisfying. This “viral” recipe lives up to the hype. I’m willing to bet you’ll be making it more than once – it’s so good!
Watch How to Make It
Want to see how to make Gigi Hadid pasta from start to finish? Check out this video:
Why is it Called Gigi Hadid Pasta?
Spicy vodka pasta has been around for ages, but in 2020 supermodel Gigi Hadid shared a video of herself making it and the recipe went viral. You can see her original Instagram story here. Since then this recipe has become known as “Gigi Hadid pasta.”
What You’ll Need
Here’s a quick look at what you’ll need to make Gigi Hadid pasta. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for ingredient amounts.
- Pasta shells – Any shape of pasta works.
- Olive oil
- Red onion – You can also use yellow or white onion.
- Garlic – Minced
- Tomato paste
- Vodka – If you don’t want alcohol in your recipe, you can just leave this out.
- Heavy cream – Half and half or whole milk also work, but won’t be as creamy.
- Red pepper flakes
- Unsalted butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh basil – Finely chopped
Tips and Substitutions
- Make sure you reserve some pasta cooking water. This is an easy step to forget so make sure you do it. The starchy pasta water helps the creamy sauce stick to the noodles.
- Adjust the consistency. You can also use the reserved cooking water to adjust the thickness of your pasta sauce. If it is a bit too thick for your liking, add a splash of pasta water, mix, and give it a taste.
- Want to skip the vodka? If you don’t have vodka or don’t want to include it in the recipe, you can just leave it out. The vodka adds acidity to the dish, which tastes delicious, but your dinner will be tasty without it. You can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to add some of this dimension back to your dish without using vodka.
- What pasta shape does Gigi use? In her Instagram story, Gigi used small pasta shells. They are the perfect shape because the sauce goes into the nooks and crannies of the pasta. But you can use any shape really, such as penne, ziti, or even long noodles like spaghetti. Heck, this sauce is so good I have even used it on pizza!
What Goes With Gigi Hadid Pasta?
How to Store and Reheat Extras
- Fridge: Let your pasta cool, then transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating leftovers on the stove vs. the microwave. This is because the sauce will thicken a bit and heating it on the stovetop lets you add a splash of cream or milk to loosen it back up. Use an appropriately sized pot and reheat your pasta over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until warmed through.
More Pasta Dinner Ideas
- Mexican Taco Spaghetti
- Broccoli Casarecce Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
Gigi Hadid Pasta
- 1 lb shell pasta, small shells + 1 cup reserved cooking liquid
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese + more to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid before draining and set aside.
- Cook the onions and garlic. While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until it has softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds. Add a pinch of kosher salt and a few dashes of ground black pepper.
- Add tomato paste. Stir to combine with the oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. The paste will get slightly darker in color.
- Add vodka. Pour the vodka into the sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream and red pepper flakes. Stir into the rest of the sauce ingredients and cook for 1-2 minutes until it thickens a bit.
- Stir in pasta and butter. Add the cooked pasta, 1/2 cup pasta water and the butter. Stir continuously until the butter melts completely and the noodles are coated in a creamy sauce.
- Add the Parmesan. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese until it melts and combines with the sauce. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if needed. If you sauce is thicker than you want you can add more of the reserved cooking liquid at this time. If you don't need it, then just discard the rest of the liquid.
- Serve. Serve the pasta immediately garnished with a small amount of chopped basil and a generous amount of shredded Parmesan cheese.