About Me: I have more than 20 years of cooking experience & share my favorite recipes on this blog.
Have a question? Please post a comment, I’m happy to help. 🙂
Cookie Monster Ice Cream is a creamy no churn ice cream recipe, filled with chunks of chewy chocolate chip cookies and crunchy Oreos. The bright blue ice cream base is totally gorgeous!
What’s crunchy and creamy and blue all over? I’ll tell you: Cookie Monster ice cream! Be prepared to nom nom nom.
This is a simple no churn ice cream with the delightful contrast of creamy, chewy and crunchy in every bite. The vanilla ice cream base is so creamy, while the chocolate chip cookies at chewy bits and crushed Oreo cookies at a chocolatey crunch. Plus, this is the brightest blue you’ll ever lay your eyes on!
- Easy. No churn means no ice cream maker needed. Just make the ice cream base, add your mix-ins and spoon everything into a loaf pan for freezing.
- Flavorful. The ice cream has a classic vanilla flavor that kids love. Chopped cookie pieces make it even more irresistible.
- Colorful. This is the brightest blue you’ll ever lay your eyes on! The color is added with blue gel that you can get at the grocery store.
If you or your family grew up watching Sesame Street, you already know why they call this Cookie Monster ice cream. Not only does the blue color of the ice cream conjure up the beloved Sesame Street character, but this Cookie Monster ice cream is brimming with cookies throughout. Cookie Monster would definitely be a fan of this frozen treat. (He would also love these Cookie Monster Cookies, no doubt!)
Only 6 Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need to make this easy ice cream recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Heavy whipping cream – I highly recommend using full-fat heavy whipping cream when making no churn recipes, as this will yield the creamiest ice cream.
- Vanilla extract
- Blue gel food coloring – Gel based food coloring has more intense color. If you use liquid food coloring you will likely need to increase the amount used. (I don’t know by how much, I haven’t tried it.)
- Sweetened condensed milk – This is a key ingredient in no churn ice cream. Make sure to use the full-fat, sweetened kind, and not regular unsweetened condensed milk.
- Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies and Oreo cookies, plus extra for topping the ice cream once it’s assembled.
Are you ready to make the best Cookie Monster ice cream ever? Here’s a quick overview. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for full instructions.
- Make the ice cream base. Beat the heavy cream and gel food coloring until stiff peaks form. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add the cookies. Chop up the cookies and add the pieces to your ice cream base.
- Freezer. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Add extra cookie pieces on top and freeze for at least 8 hours.
Tips for the Best Ice Cream
You’ll find that this no-churn ice cream is as easy as A, B, C! Here are some extra tips to ensure the creamiest results when making your Cookie Monster ice cream:
- Chill the bowl. For the best results, keep the bowl for the whipping cream good and chilled until you’re ready to use it.
- Store up to 30 days. Despite everyone’s best efforts, homemade ice cream does tend to become icy after about a month in the freezer. This is simply because no-churn ice cream is free from many of the additives that come with store-bought ice cream. So, for the creamiest, freshest ice cream experience, enjoy this Cookie Monster ice cream within 30 days of making it.
- Allow enough time for freezing. Make sure to budget enough time for your homemade ice cream to really set up in the freezer before you serve it. Aim for 8 hours at the very least, though ideally overnight. To make it easier to scoop once frozen, let the ice cream sit out on the counter for about 10-15 minutes beforehand.
Once it’s frozen, transferring no-churn ice cream to a freezer-safe, airtight container will help to prolong its shelf life. Store this Cookie Monster ice cream in your freezer for up to one month. Since homemade ice cream is softer than store-bought, it’s a good idea to take extra precautions to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Avoiding Freezer Burn
Try not to store your ice cream in the freezer for longer than one month. As extra protection against freezer burn, I also like to lay a piece of saran wrap over the top of my ice cream before sealing the lid. This plastic layer helps prevent the cream from icing over.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Spumoni Ice Cream
- Fried Chicken Ice Cream
- Superman Ice Cream
This homemade Cookie Monster ice cream is a creamy no churn ice cream recipe, filled with chunks chocolate chip and Oreo cookies.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Freezing Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 10-14 servings
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Blue gel food coloring
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 chocolate chip cookies, chopped into pieces
- 8 Oreo cookies, chopped into pieces
Make blue whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with the blue gel food coloring until stiff peaks form.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Gently add them to the whipped cream, then mix on low speed or gently mix with a silicone spatula until well combined.
Chop the cookies. Add chopped cookies to the ice cream base and gently mix.
Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Spread extra chopped cookies over the top. Cover the pan with plastic wrap or a lid to seal it.
Freeze. Place the pan in the freezer and let it freeze overnight or for at least 8 hours to allow the ice cream to set.
Last Step:Please share a rating and comment if you enjoyed this recipe! Your feedback helps this little blog thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Keywords: cookie monster ice cream, cookie monster ice cream recipe, blue ice cream