About Me: I have more than 20 years of cooking experience & share my favorite recipes on this blog.
Have a question? Please post a comment, I’m happy to help. 🙂
This simple scrambled eggs recipe is ready in minutes. Serve them with everything from toast and bagels, to your favorite kind of tortillas.
Breakfast doesn’t get much simpler than a plate of scrambled eggs. But, even if this recipe is easy peasy, it’s still worth sharing! As the days grow longer and my hens start laying more eggs, I’m making scrambled eggs nearly every day of the week.
This easy recipe only takes a few minutes from start to finish. Even on busy school mornings, I can throw these together while a few slices of bread toast in the oven.
Why Add Cheese?
For me, the real question is: why not? Adding cheese to scrambled eggs imparts flavor and is a simple way to fancy up a plain plate of eggs. I like to whisk the cheese into the egg mixture before it is cooked and especially like using shredded cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or mozzarella cheese.
What’s the Secret to Super Fluffy Scrambled Eggs?
Making your eggs nice and fluffy only requires two things: whisking them well before you start cooking, and then stirring them occasionally as you cook them.
After you crack the eggs into a bowl, add the cheese, season it all with salt and pepper, then give everything a vigorous whisk. Don’t rush because the more air you work into your eggs the fluffier they will be. I usually whisk my egg mixture for about a minute, until there are a nice amount of little bubbles on top.
Then once you start cooking your eggs, stir them with a spatula after about 30 seconds, allowing the liquidy egg mixture to move into the space you cleared in the pan and cook. Continue stirring them every 15 seconds or so, until there aren’t any areas on your eggs that look liquidy.
Ways to Use Scrambled Eggs
The possibilities here are endless, but here are my favorite ideas in addition to just eating them on their own:
- Stuff them into a popover. We often make popovers on the weekend and serve them with all sorts of breakfast goodies, including stuffed with eggs, salsa and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Eat them with tortillas. Spoon scrambled eggs into corn tortillas for tacos, or tuck them into flour tortillas to make breakfast burritos. You can also add them to quesadillas along with the cheese.
- On toast. Classic. Maybe mash an avocado on top of your toast and then top that with your scrambled eggs.
- Crepes. While my family prefers stuffing homemade crepes with sweet things, I like to fill them with scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Arepas. I like to stuff scrambled eggs (yes with more cheese, are you seeing a pattern?) into arepas as shown in the photo above. Serve with guacamole and salsa!
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
This simple scrambled eggs recipe is ready in minutes. Add shredded cheddar cheese, then serve them with everything from toast and bagels, to your favorite kind of tortillas.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Mix the ingredients together. In a small bowl combine the eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Whisk with a fork until just combined. Set aside.
Prep your pan. Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan, swirling the butter around so that the entire pan is buttered.
Cook the eggs. Pour the eggs into the pan. Let them cook for about 30 seconds, then with a spatula gently move the eggs about a bit so that uncooked egg mixture flows into the open areas and cooks. Repeat every 15 seconds or so, using your spatula to gently turn the eggs over in sections and allow all areas of the eggs to cook.
Finish and serve. When the eggs no visible liquid is left turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner so that the eggs don’t brown. Enjoy on their own or with your desired accompaniments!
Last Step:Please share a rating and comment if you enjoyed this recipe! Your feedback helps this little blog thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Keywords: easy scrambled eggs, super scrambled eggs, best scrambled eggs