These triple-threat Slutty Brownies are as tasty as their name is scandalous! Layers of fudgy chocolate brownies and crunchy Oreos baked on top of a chewy chocolate chip cookie.
Indulgent. Outrageous. Scandalous. Decadent. However you describe this slutty brownie recipe, one thing’s for sure: these gooey, fudgy, three-layer brownies are the ultimate homemade dessert bars.
Watch How to Make Slutty Brownies
Why You’ll Love This Slutty Brownies Recipe
- 3 Desserts in One: These brownies consist of an irresistible mash-up of three classic desserts: chewy chocolate chip cookies, crunchy Oreo cookies, and warm chocolate brownies.
- Easy. Despite all the layers, this brownie recipe is incredibly simple to make.
- Totally decadent! These rich and chocolatey triple-layer dessert bars are borderline obscene – in the best way, of course.
What Are Slutty Brownies?
If you’re thinking that “slutty” is a questionable name for a dessert, you’re probably not the only one. This popular brownie is originally credited to a blog named Kevin & Amanda, which published the original recipe for Cookie Dough Oreo Brownies in 2011. No salacious names, there!
The internet later renamed these triple-decker brownies “Slutty Brownies”. The attention-grabbing rebrand made the recipe go viral, becoming a favorite dessert of bloggers and celebrities alike.
What led them to be called slutty brownies? Well, to quote Jessica Simpson on the Jay Leno Show, “I guess a lot goes into them”. Ahem. 😆
Don’t let the scandalous name detract from the deliciousness of these brownies, though. They’re seriously incredible!
How to Make Slutty Brownies
There’s some serious chocolate going on in these brownies. They’re also so easy to make:
Make the Chocolate Chip & Oreo Cookies Layers
You’ll start by whipping up a quick batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, adding it to your pan and then topping it with a layer of Oreos.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately. Begin by whisking together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy, then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine. Next, combine the ingredients, and fold in the chocolate chips. Afterward, press the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add Oreos. Arrange the Oreo cookies in a single layer over top of the cookie dough.
Add the Chocolate Brownie Layer
Next, it’s time to prepare an easy brownie batter, and then get these brownies into the oven!
- Make the brownie batter. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then sift the dry into the wet ingredients before stirring to combine.
- Add to the pan. Spread the brownie batter over the layer of Oreos.
- Bake. Bake your slutty brownies at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes. Check that the brownies are done by sticking a toothpick into the middle of the pan. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re ready to come out. Let the cookies cool completely before cutting them into squares.
Can I Use Brownie Mix?
Absolutely. If you’re in a pinch, you can make the brownie layer using your favorite boxed brownie mix instead. Just be sure to pick up any ingredients you’ll need to make the brownies as listed on the box. You can even make the chocolate chip cookie layer with store-bought refrigerated cookie dough, too!
Tips for the Best Slutty Brownies
Here are some additional tips for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie brownies:
- Can I use a different-sized pan? You can, but know that using a larger size, like a 9×13-inch baking pan, will yield thinner bars and may require a shorter baking time.
- For the fudgiest flavor in your brownies, use dark chocolate cocoa powder. Using sweetened cocoa powder may result in overly-sweet brownies.
- It’s best to store brownies at room temperature, and not in the fridge. Brownies stored in the fridge have a tendency to dry out faster and become crumbly.
Try these fun and easy ways to change up the flavors in your slutty brownies:
- Peanut Butter Cups – Make a variation with peanut butter cookie dough and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Replace the Oreos – In place of Oreos, layer Golden Oreos. You can also try this recipe with Nilla Wafers, Chips Ahoy cookies, Graham crackers, or Maria Cookies.
- Different Cookie Dough – You can also replace the chocolate chip cookie dough layer with another type of cookie bar. Try it with sugar cookie bars, oatmeal cookie bars or even M&M cookie bars.
- Add Frosting – Add some vanilla buttercream or even peanut butter frosting on top.
Slutty brownies are so easy to make and they’re always a hit at potlucks and parties. Try these fun and easy ways to serve homemade brownies:
- Warm with ice cream. A few seconds in the microwave is all it takes to turn these chocolate brownies into an ooey-gooey treat, perfect for topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- Make a brownie sundae. Combine both of the ideas above into a decadent brownie sundae, complete with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry!
How to Store Slutty Brownies
To keep these slutty brownies soft and chewy, store them at room temperature, either tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or sealed inside an airtight container.
Can I Freeze These?
Yes, you can! Slutty brownies freeze well. Simply wrap them airtight and store them frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw the brownies in the fridge before serving.Print
This easy Slutty Brownies recipe makes the best dessert bars ever! Make irresistible layers ofhocolate brownies and crunchy Oreos baked on top of a chewy chocolate chip cookie.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough layer:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 20 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Prep your tools. Line the bottom and sides of a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F.
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, beat together softened butter with both types of sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, and beat again.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and form cookie dough. Add chocolate chips and mix again. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
For the Oreo Layer
- Spread the Oreos over the cookie dough layer. Breaking some cookies to fit as needed.
For the Brownie Layer
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder with flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together softened butter with both types of sugars, then add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix well. Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Spread the brownie batter over the Oreo layer.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until the toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let it cool completely for a couple of hours.
Last Step:Please share a rating and comment if you enjoyed this recipe! Your feedback helps this little blog thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie brownies, oreo brownies, slutty brownie recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.