This Aviation Cocktail is a gin-based drink that gets its color from crème de violette liqueur. It’s an elegant sip that hearkens back to the early days of luxury flight.
- Author: Rustic Family Recipes
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 oz creme de violette liqueur
- 1/2 oz lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Luxardo cherry, for garnish
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker. Fill it about halfway.
- Add the liquid ingredients. Measure and pour in the gin, maraschino liqueur, creme de violette and lemon juice.
- Shake. Close your cocktail shaker and give it a good shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain it into a cocktail glass. An Aviation drink is served straight up without ice.
- Serve. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
Keywords: aviation cocktail, aviator cocktail, gin cocktail