About Me: I have more than 20 years of cooking experience & share my favorite recipes on this blog.
Have a question? Please post a comment, I’m happy to help. 🙂
This apple cider martini comes together in minutes and tastes like autumn in a coupe glass. Apple cider, cinnamon, and orange juice are shaken with vodka and Cointreau to make a festive cocktail topped with apple slices.
I love seasonal cocktail recipes and in the fall months, apple cider is one of my favorite flavors to sip. Usually, I make apple cider margaritas, but this apple martini is giving my go-to margarita a run for its money. This martini is easy, flavorful, and elegant – what more could you ask for?
Between the apple cider and a pinch of cinnamon, this simple cocktail tastes like you’re sipping on boozy apple pie. And best of all this cider martini comes together in minutes. Just shake, pour and serve.
Get ready to meet your new favorite quick-fix cocktail recipe!
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this apple cider martini. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
To make this apple martini you’ll need a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a lid to use as a shaker. You’ll also need a way to measure the liquid ingredients. A shaker will usually have a measuring jigger on top that you can use, but if you don’t have that a shot glass makes a handy measuring tool.
For serving, you can use an oversized martini glass with a 6-oz capacity, or a coupe glass (my preference).
For the Cocktail
- Apple cider – I recommend using pasteurized apple cider. Fresh cider from a local orchard is ideal, however, a good quality apple cider from the grocery store works perfectly too.
- Cointreau or triple sec – I prefer Cointreau because the flavor is more complex than Triple Sec and it has a smoother finish. But either one works in this recipe.
- Orange juice – Make sure you use orange juice without pulp.
- Pure maple syrup – You can also use simple syrup.
- Ground cinnamon – Just a pinch.
- Apple slices – Thinly sliced, for garnish
- Ice – You can use crushed or cubed ice, this is just to chill the ingredients as you shake them up.
How to Make an Apple Cider Martini
Making an apple martini is incredibly simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill your shaker halfway with ice.
- Add all the ingredients except the apple slices.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into your serving glass.
- Garnish with apple slices.
That’s it. 🙂
Want to Make this a Caramel Apple Martini?
If you want to be extra fancy, you can also turn this into a caramel apple martini. To do this, drizzle caramel sauce along the insides of your glass before you pour your drink into the glass. Don’t cover the insides of the glass, just do a decorative drizzle. When the liquid is added the caramel will slowly dissolve into the drink.
Add Some Cinnamon Sugar
Another variation idea you might like is dipping the apple slices in cinnamon sugar before using them as a garnish. The sugar adds a festive sparkle and makes it pretty much impossible not to eat the apples first.
Apple Cider Martini
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- ½ ounce orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Apple slices, thinly sliced, for the garnish
- Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add the cider, vodka, Cointreau, orange juice, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Then strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with thin apple slices, if desired.